Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I saw this poster standee on the sidewalk in Bern in plain sight to those walking past. I think that this poster was mostly influenced by the international style poster. The point of the poster is to get people to go visit the museum, and the design is perfect for doing so. The choice of photo of einstein is hilariously perfect because it shows what a character and interesting individual he was. The choice of font and placement of type only add to the poster. It is a very simple design, but I feel that it does a really good job of advertising for the museum. In fact, I think that it was the type that attracted me to it in the first place. It was bold, and the contrast between the word "einstein" and the white tone of the background was incredibly noticeable and readable from quite far away. Next I saw the picture which made me contemplate whether i should go see more about einstein. I believe that the design accomplished what the designers intended for it which in my opinion makes it successful. 

No comments: